meltingPOT

Winter Solstice 2006


Today, December 21st is Winter Solstice and is the official start of Winter. It is also the day of the year with the shortest daylight. The picture on the left was taken from our backyard at 7:00 in the morning (left) and 5:00 in the afternoon (right).

It has been a while since I updated my blog. Ten postings ago I was talking about Summer Solstice - I'm so ashamed!

Why the absence? Busy seemed to be an overused word and I will try to avoid that. The thing is, we moved to our new home last September and I started a project in Chicago. I was on a typical consultant routine of flying Monday morning to Chicago and back to Toronto Thursday night, Fridays are normally spent on conference calls and netmeetings. So how about weekends? I have been spending weekends trying to proove to myself I am not worthy to be nominated to be a candidate on Discovery Channels "Canada's Worst Handyman"!

Anyways, just glad to be back!

3 Responses to “Winter Solstice 2006”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi William,

    Happy New Year to you and Melody and the kids!  

  2. # Blogger William

    Hello Jo,

    Hope the family is settled in Calgary now. Merry X-Mas and a Happy New Year to the family.

    William  

  3. # Blogger Junnie

    i miss our house too...but of course, nothing beats being in your real home in Pinas....we enjoyed every bit of our stay...pauwi na kami...kuwentuhan ulit when we get back...solstice or not  

Post a Comment

Search

"Search this site"

About this Site


meltingPOT is about people, places and events encountered during travel. It's observations on cultural diversity immortalized.

Name: William
Location: Canada


Visit my Other Site: audioFILE


XML


Counters by

Web Counter