meltingPOT

Welcome to Canada! Claire & Joel

Last Friday, June 23, 2006 was the IKEA, Etobicoke, 2006 Moonlight Madness sale and we went there to check some sofa options for our loft. To my surprised I saw Claire, a friend from the Philippines, who recently landed here in Canada with her husband Joel as an immigrant. It really is a small world!

The IKEA sale was celebrated with the appearance of the Toronto Swedish Folkdancers & Singers who entertained the hordes of shoppers with vibrant Swedish traditional folk dances. This is one thing I like about Toronto (actually the Greater Toronto Area) - Canada's center of commerce and culture. The place is such a huge melting pot of immigrants of diverse ethnic groups.

I will write more about Toronto in future post so just stay tuned. In the meantime let me welcome Claire and Joel here in Canada!

0 Responses to “Welcome to Canada! Claire & Joel”

Post a Comment

Search

"Search this site"

About this Site


meltingPOT is about people, places and events encountered during travel. It's observations on cultural diversity immortalized.

Name: William
Location: Canada


Visit my Other Site: audioFILE


XML


Counters by

Web Counter